Saturday, March 1, 2008

Washington Wild Life






I am very lucky living where I do in the Puget Sound region of Washington State--within a couple of hours of my house I can be in a large city, at the Pacific Ocean, photographing Prickly Pear Cactus (yes there are wild cactus growing in Western Washington!), at the mountains or photographing wildlife in any number of locations. One of my favorite locations for photographing birds is the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge located in south Puget Sound. As a kid of 14 I rember hunting ducks with my father at what was to become the refuge, Brown's Farm. We would get up early in the morning, drive down to the farm and wade through the soggy fields to the blinds for a day of shooting ducks and geese. The refuge was established in 1974 and as in the 60's hunting with my father I still get up early in the morning and drive to the farm to hunt duck, geese and many other avian prey, only know I do my hunting with a camera and I bring back more than memories, I get to create images for myself and others to enjoy (not to mention leaving the animals to enjoy their lives). I hope you enjoy these images of my last trip to the delta.

1 comment:

robin peterson said...

That was a successful expedition! You got the mood and the details, beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Bryan's Flickr Site

Moments in Time

Gig Harbor through ...
By Bryan S. Peterson

Check out my images for sale

Get creative on redbubble.com

Blog Archive